[Moderated by Matt Jones]
The Collegiate Baseball Preseason Top 40 Poll was released just about a month ago, with the Bat Cats coming in at number eight, the highest preseason ranking in the program’s 117 year existence. Since the team’s only a month away from their February 15th season opener against UNC Asheville in Spartanburg, South Carolina, I thought I’d take a look at the rest of the Top 25 teams and offer up a few notes. For the full Preseason Top 40, click here.
- First and foremost, Kentucky is ranked higher than Louisville. Take that, Little Brother.
- The SEC is represented by eight schools, including top-ranked Arkansas.
- Six of the eight schools that made last year’s College World Series appear in the Top 25. Three of the six schools, Arkansas, Florida, and runner-up South Carolina, hail from the SEC.
- The Bat Cats had a combined 13-13 record in the 2011-2012 season against the eight teams who received a 2012-2013 Preseason Top 25 ranking:
- The Cats’ best win against these opponents last season was an 8-1 victory over LSU on April 21st. Their loss was the 12-0 beatdown at the hands of the Dirty Birds on April 10th. Both games were in Lexington.
- As far as scheduling goes, Kentucky’s first action against a team in the Preseason Top 25 will also be there first SEC series. The team plays a three game series against #24 Florida in Gainesville from March 15th-17th. A matchup against top-ranked Arkansas will have to wait until the two open the month of May with a weekend series in Lexington (3rd-5th). The dates for the annual Battle of the Bluegrass against UofL are April 2nd in Louisville and April 16th in Lexington.
If that didn’t make you excited for Kentucky Baseball starting in a month, here’s a highlight video from the 2011-2012 season that’s really well done.
[powered by WordPress.]
33 queries. 0.412 seconds