[Moderated by Matt Jones]
Coach Henderson at the mic.
Well that was one hell of a crash course intro for my first ever press conference. Anyway on to the quick recap of the main points.
- It appeared to me as it did with every other member of the media that this team remembers last years loss in Gary VERY WELL. In fact it seemed as if every player mentioned something about it in individual interviews.
”After losing in Gary it hurt real bad.” – Trevor Gott
“The past is the past.” – Corey Littrell
- Another common theme I noticed from the players is that they are on a mission this season to prove people wrong and shock some guys.
“We’re just going to come out with a chip on our shoulder and take it out on everybody.” – Trevor Gott
“We’re trying to prove people wrong.” – Corey Littrell
“This team is a lot more hungry than last years.” – Austin Cousino
- Finally one of the biggest and most encouraging theme’s I heard was how this team is starting to gel and bond really well.
” (The) chemistry of this team is great.” – Corey Littrell
” We’ve got all the players we need to be successful in this conference.” – Austin Cousino
- After the players wrapped up Coach Henderson came out to speak for a bit. The coach sounded really upbeat about his team this year, even praising a couple guys as expected. One of the major things coach pointed out was that the freshman will be getting their fair shot of playing time, including the two Lexington hometown pitchers Ryne Combs and Tyler Cox.
“Ryne is certainly going to help … We’re gonna have some innings out of Tyler Cox.” – Coach Henderson.
- Coach also made it a point that this team has to live in the “now” so to speak.
“I’m a big believer in taking care of today.” – Coach Henderson
Let me end the very quick recap by saying that after today I believe that this team has an extremely high ceiling this year, and that these boys are going to be very fun to watch. You can be sure to hear more about today’s conference in a later post soon as I have pages on pages and videos on videos from today.
Hit up that follow button on twitter y’all: @NjourdanKSR
[powered by WordPress.]
32 queries. 0.401 seconds