[Moderated by Matt Jones]
While most fans of UK got to sleep in after celebrating the beatdown of IU, the Kentucky Football team went back to work this morning.
- About a dozen or two recruits were in attendance Saturday with their families, including “The Future” Pat Towles. Towles never stayed to far away from the rest of the QB’s. Coach Phillips said that Towles will be able to help the team in his first year with the Cats.
- Saturday was my first chance to see Tee Martin’s replacement Pat Washington in action. Washington is very active and very instructional, and really impressed me with his strong emphasis on fundamentals. Spring is the time of the year where you HAVE to improve on your fundamentals, especially this crew.
- 2 guys stuck out to me more than anybody today: Demarco Robinson and Rashad Cunningham. I had never seen or heard of these young guys before, but you can’t not notice their pure potential. Robinson is a small 5’9, but is HANDS DOWN the quickest and most athletic player on the field. He’s explosive out of his stance and gets down field in the blink of an eye. We could use a returner/slot man that is seen often in the NFL (Wes Welker and Randall Cobb to name a few). Cunningham is young, and you can tell, but his size and hands will be a great target down the road. He has great hands and was not let alone by Coach Washington. If he continues to improve I don’t see how he couldn’t help us.
- Mister Cobble and Donte Rumph are immovable objects. It’s taken some time to get these two on the field at the same time, but this year they will be at their best. It’s difficult for me to actually describe how solid these guys are inside. It’s nice to have a couple animals on the front line.
- There’s an excitement in the air on the practice field. Going to practice made me really miss having fun high school football practices. There was a constant chatter and high competition throughout. Oklahoma drill created a rivalry between both sides of the ball, and even resorted to a scuffle with Glenn Faulkner and another player. The best practices are the ones where somebody gets in a fight. These Cats are hungry, and I’m excited to see them on the field.
Don’t be a hero, follow @RoushKSR
[powered by WordPress.]
33 queries. 0.392 seconds